We are inviting leaders and innovators from the creative and cultural sector in Buckinghamshire to apply to be part of a free, year-long leadership programme and network.
Bucks Cultural Leaders has been designed to help leaders and innovators in our creative and cultural organisations respond and re-frame their organisations and programmes in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are working in partnership with Cultural Associates Oxford (CAO), who will develop and deliver this programme, drawing on their impressive networks across the creative, cultural, business and higher education sectors. The programme has been funded by Rothschild Foundation, Arts Council England and Buckinghamshire Council.
The aim of this programme is to respond positively and proactively to the impact of Covid-19 and to support the cultural eco-system of Buckinghamshire at a time of great challenge for the cultural sector. This tiered Cultural Recovery Programme aims to help sector partners to get back on their feet, reframe and reset their offer, and re-engage with their audiences. It will raise the ambition and aspirations of sector leaders, build leadership skills and capacity whilst looking at how we can ‘build back better’ after Covid-19.
Bucks Cultural Leaders is a fully funded online leadership development programme and peer-to-peer network designed for cultural leaders and practitioners who are:
- Forward looking with an aspiration to achieve their creative vision
- Enthusiastic to collaborate as well as develop their own leadership capability
- Committed to enabling others to reach their full potential
- Willing to share their specialist expertise and support their peers during the programme.
The programme’s intended outcomes include:
- An ecology of collaborative and entrepreneurial cultural leaders and practitioners
- A cohort that feels empowered, able to realise their potential and has more confidence to lead their organisations
- A cohort that feels more ambitious, collaborative and embraces new business opportunities
- Increased opportunities for arts and cultural experiences and participation for everyone
- New partnerships and joint working
- Opportunities identified for attracting investment and funding for joint projects
- Building capacity and enhancing sustainability for the sector
- An increased recognition of the value and opportunity that the cultural sector presents to society and the economy in Buckinghamshire by raising the profile of creativity and culture and its relevance to our daily lives.
As well as attending Bucks Cultural Leaders, successful applicants will also be invited to join the open sessions with key members of their team, which are being programmed as part of a second strand of support – Building Skills. More information about the Building Skills workshops will be released in the New Year.
‘‘We are really looking forward to working on this fantastic new programme to help cultural organisations and leaders in Buckinghamshire re-engage with their audiences. We are all living through a time of monumental change, and for the cultural and creative sectors in Buckinghamshire, this programme offers an incredibly positive opportunity to re-frame, re-think and build new networks for a new future.”Lucy Shaw, Director of CAO
For more information and details of the CAO team delivering this programme, please see our Programme Overview:
To apply to be part of Bucks Cultural Leaders, please download and complete the application form:
Application forms should be returned by 12 noon, 17th December 2020. Applicants will be informed whether they are successful in January.