Buckinghamshire Culture, Garsington Opera and Resource Productions are pleased to present an online event for the creative and cultural sector sharing digital adaptations and innovative virtual delivery skills and tips.
Thinking Digital is free and will take place on 11th February from 1pm – full details and booking here: www.thinkingdigitalbucks.eventbrite.co.uk
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have seen creative and cultural organisations innovate, re-frame and develop online content thanks to rapid learning and adaptation. To support those coming back to work, or looking for new ideas for engagement, Buckinghamshire Culture, in partnership with Garsington Opera and Resource Productions, have worked together to develop this online workshop.
This event will focus on digital engagement and will share learning and top tips, as well as first-hand experiences of those delivering online. We aim to take away some of the fear of delivering online for the first time and share tips for those that have some experience already. There will be a creative, participatory element to the session when the group is invited to devise a new Chorus with Garsington Opera’s Richard Taylor and Karen Gillingham, so you can experience online creative engagement first hand and be inspired to try your own version. We will finish with a Q&A and brief panel discussion of what further advice, input, sharing or support attendees would like to see next.
We have curated a programme of speakers from Buckinghamshire and beyond covering a range of topics:
- Adapting and pivoting activities for online engagement
- Sharing tips for use of digital tools such as Zoom, Whatsapp, Youtube, Google classroom etc
- Engaging vulnerable people online
- Supporting those with multiple needs or limited experience to engage online
- Skills and performance tips for online delivery
- Working inclusively online
- Opening doors to collections and resources using virtual access
- Increasing certain audiences who might prefer online engagement
- Working with artists and practitioners in a digital space
- Tips for successful online engagement.
This event has been funded by Rothschild Foundation.